The Advantages of Cohabitationposted by: Amber Ford
Living together before marriage has been the trend for the past few years. Many couples do not want to get married without trying their compatibility under one roof. For those who respect the sanctity of marriage, they condemn those who prefer to cohabitate before getting married. It’s a sign of disrespect of the institution of marriage. On the other hand, for people who are in favor of this kind of relationship, they have a number of reasons why they say it’s good. Let’s not just look at the disadvantages of living together but let’s also consider the advantages of cohabitation. The pros include the following:
- It’s not a lifetime commitment. The beauty of live-in relationships is that you are not committed to the person till death. Your relationship is time-bound. You can step out of it once it goes wrong. You don’t have to settle legal issues when you want to quit.
- You can maintain your individuality while in a relationship. Inside a marriage, you are treated as one. What good does it do? You can enjoy activities on your own without worrying about your partner since it is a less serious relationship compared to a marriage.
- There’s no ceremony. When there’s no ceremony, it means no hassle and no expenses.
- You can test your compatibility about many things. The earlier you discover your partner’s personality traits when he/ she is at home, the better. You can test yourself if you can really get along well or not.
- You can test your partner’s loyalty. The problem with some couples who get married without living together first is that they will just be surprised with cheating and infidelity issues at the course of the marriage. They didn’t know that their partner is actually capable of cheating.
Aside of these advantages, there are no other benefits you get from cohabitation. Everyone must respect the sanctity of marriage.
You might also like
|Reasons Why People should not Move in Together Cohabitation is the trend nowadays. Couples who don’t want to get married or don’t have the means...||Problems Arising from Cohabitation One of the issues that we face today is cohabitation. Many couples opt to live together without getting...||Facts on Marriages A marriage is a very sacred thing for Christians. It is given a high regard and believers really respect...||Live in Relationship Problems Some people are afraid of long-term commitments and responsibilities. This is one of the reasons why...|
Prev Post: « Signs of Love and Respect
Next Post: » The Effects of Grief in Romance