Negative Effects of an Arranged Marriageposted by: Amber Ford
Most societies find an arranged marriage impractical. But in some, it is acceptable because it is the norm. Actually, this kind of marriage has been practiced long time ago. For those who disapprove this kind of marriage, they have a lot of reasons why they don’t like the idea at all. They also have a list of numerous adverse effects of an arranged marriage. What are some of the negative effects? We have the following list:
- You are clueless of what you are getting into. Marriage is a long-term relationship and it is but proper to know what kind of spouse you are getting. You don’t have enough information about the person and the connection between the two of you. You aren’t sure if you are on the right track or not.
- Your right to fall in love and choose a partner is deprived. Falling in love is a great experience for anyone. If your parents arrange a marriage for you, you will miss the fun of courtship, dating, and romance. You can’t choose because it is already set it up for you.
- If you are a victim of forced marriage, happiness will be hard for you to find. There’s no joy in doing a thing that you don’t like from the very start.
- Your world is limited. In a society that practices arranged marriages, the people are missing the fun of socialization with various kinds of people. There are boundaries set that prevent you from crossing the line.
- You develop the feeling of being imprisoned if you are forced to marry someone that you really don’t like. This is an obvious ill effect of an arranged marriage.
Although the aforementioned effects seem to be very bad, you should take a look at the positive side before you decide if it is something good or bad for you. Unfortunately, this post doesn’t state the positive side.
You might also like
|Early Marriage and Its Effects|
Marriage is a serious commitment. This is the reason why when you decide to get married you should be...
|The Effects of Adultery on Marriage|
Adultery is one of the leading reasons why many marriages break down. It is widespread. It is an act...
|Problems Arising from Cohabitation|
One of the issues that we face today is cohabitation. Many couples opt to live together without getting...
Prev Post: « How to Cope with a Clingy Wife
Next Post: » How to Cope with a Wife who is Always Right