How to Help Arguing Couplesposted by: Amber Ford
Arguing is a common situation seen in couples. There are issues that are unavoidable and you have no choice but to deal with them. These issues are often times the triggers for conflict. Some couples cannot control their anger during an argument which leads to a serious fight. If you know a couple with this characteristic and you care for them, you might as well want to learn some things on how to help arguing couples.
- Be objective. Try to be neutral when you have to intervene. Choosing sides will not help them. Let both parties express their sides and listen to them attentively. After hearing them out, let them cool down for a while.
- Think carefully. Give your comments about their point of argument. Give a solution or an advice that will not only favour one side. It should be something that will help them both.
- Set criteria. You can help them by telling them that they need to hear each other’s points. When one party is talking, the other one should not interrupt. There should be no insulting or degrading words thrown to one another. They should practice fair fighting.
- Open their mind that it arguing is not about winning. Let them realize that it is completely fine to give up.
- Teach them to respond calmly. Let them realize the value of maintaining their voice in a normal tone.
- Teach them the importance of communication. If they can talk about the issues that concern their relationship, they can minimize arguments or fights. They only need to practice honesty so they can really discuss and resolve issues.
With the aforementioned tips and ways, you will be of help to fighting couples in your own ways.
You might also like
|Ways to Talk with your Partner without Arguing|
It is but natural for couples to fight and argue over things. Arguing is a part of ever relationship....
|Married Couple Problems|
When you just got married with your partner, consider yourself new to a new kind of world. Getting married...
|Characteristics of Happy Couples|
There are many couples out there who look and sound very happy with each other. They seem to be contented...
Prev Post: « How to Know if your Crush is Annoyed
Next Post: » How to Win Someone After Cheating