Guidelines for Your First Dateposted by: Amber Ford
First dates make you feel excited and nervous at the same time. You look forward to it especially if you are to date with a person that you admire. You prepare yourself before the day comes. You make sure that you will look good and presentable in the eyes of your date. Your goal is to impress the person so that you will get more meetings in the future. But since you are new in the world of dating, there are some things that you need to know and remember. Take a look at the following list of guidelines for your first date.
- Remember that you cannot please everyone. Having this in mind will help you accept rejection if ever you will not be able to impress the person. You cannot impress someone by being extra sweet. Try to be simple and natural as much as possible. Be true to yourself. Trying to impress someone is not about pretending to be somebody.
- Be presentable. You may not impress your date but at least make an effort to look good.
- Be polite. You are polite when you show good manners. Show your date that you are educated. Be respectful. Remember your table manners. When the other person is talking, you’ve got to listen carefully. Avoid asking too personal questions or any questions that can make your date uncomfortable.
- Be honest with your intentions or the kind of relationship you look forward to. Are you into a serious relationship? Tell it.
- Be safe. It’s your first time to date so you need to be careful. If you have just known the person for a short while then, don’t go there alone. Have someone to accompany you. You can let the chaperon take another table close to you. Consider the meeting place as well. Agree to meet in public places.
- Keep some things personal. Decide how much information you are willing to share. It’s much better to save some for the future. Do not be too cold or too revealing.
- Take it slow. Don’t rush into things that you might regret later. Just enjoy every moment you share with the person.
These are just recommendations for you to have a wonderful first date. Use your common sense for you to be safe and sound. Good luck!
You might also like
|How to Plan a Date for a Guy|
Planning a date is not an easy task especially when you have not tried it before. It makes you feel nervous...
|How not to be Nervous on a Date|
Going on a date could really make you feel nervous and shy, especially when you are dating for the first...
|Tips for Girls for First Date|
Dating is such a wonderful experience when you do it with someone you are interested in. It gives you...
Prev Post: « Dating Etiquette after Spouse Dies
Next Post: » How to Survive a Bad Date