Facts on Marriagesposted by: Dennis
A marriage is a very sacred thing for Christians. It is given a high regard and believers really respect the sanctity of marriage. This sacred union between a man and a woman who are bound to love each other is now in great danger. There are practices in the modern times that disrespect this thing. We have the so-called divorce, cohabitation, and pre-marital sex. These things are signs that people nowadays no longer give a high regard on marriage. Besides these things, what are some other pieces of information that we should know about it? Have a look at the list of facts on marriages.
- The average married couple spends few minutes alone together due to kids, jobs, duties and responsibilities at home, computers, and other things.
- The average couple make love 58 times in a year.
- During the ancient times, bridesmaids would be dressed in similar-like gown to deceive rival suitors, robbers, and evil spirits.
- The term groom is from the old English guma which means “man”.
- The divorce risk is higher when the woman is much older than the man.
- People who get marry before their 25th birthday have higher risk of divorce.
- The word marriage is derived from the Latin word mas which means masculine or male.
- A marriage ceremony is sealed with a kiss because contracts used to be sealed with a kiss in Rome and marriage is a contract.
- Fatter waistlines of wives decrease the sexual attraction in a marriage.
- A marriage with low sexual activity has higher risk of divorce.
- A big percentage of married couples have had premarital sex.
- Good sex has a positive effect on marriage.
Here are some facts about marriage. Avoid the ones that may ruin yours.
You might also like
|Christian Dating Etiquette|
Dating as a Christian requires some etiquette. Christians adhere to the principles and doctrines written...
|Issues about Interracial Marriages|
Interracial marriages and relationships do face a lot of challenges and problems although they have become...
|The Reasons Marriages Break Down|
We regard marriage as an institution. People who get married have hopes in their heart that the relationship...
Prev Post: « How to Handle an Argument in a Relationship
Next Post: » How to Deal with Trust Problems in a Relationship
Comments Feed | Leave a Comment | trackback